Updated February 2021
This policy outlines how Bridport Cohousing CLT collects, uses and protects personal information.
Bridport Cohousing Limited is a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014. On this basis we are a Community Land Trust.
Registered number: 31565R.
Registered address: 10 Vernons Court, BRIDPORT, DT6 3QF.
What is personal data?
Personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number or email address.
The Policy in Brief
It is important that you read the full policy to understand what information Bridport Cohousing holds, and how we may use it. However, here is a quick summary:
- We collect information that is either personal data (as outlined above) or non-personal data (such as IP addresses, pages accessed, etc.)
- We collect your information to provide you with information about our project
- We only collect the information that we need
- We do our very best to keep personal information secure
- We never sell your data and we will never share it with another company or charity for marketing purposes
- We only share data where we are required to by law
Privacy and Security Policy in Full
This policy applies to our website, online contact form, newsletter subscription form, use of emails and any other methods Bridport Cohousing uses for collecting information, both on paper and electronically. It covers what we collect and why, what we do with the information, what we won’t do with the information, and what rights you have.
What information does Bridport Cohousing collect and why?
We will only ever collect the information we need. We collect two kinds of information:
- Non-personal information such as IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many people use our site, how many people visit on a regular basis, and how popular our pages are. This information doesn’t tell us anything about who you are or where you live. It simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
What do we do with the information?
We will use the information you provide to:
- Keep you informed of our latest news and events we are holding
- Communicate with our members, directors, newsletter subscribers and related organisations
- Prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Website Visitor Tracking
This website uses tracking software to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. The software will save a cookie to your computer’s hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
Storing your information
Information is stored by us on computers located in the UK. We place a great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our members and supporters. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur while it is under our control, we use our best efforts to try to prevent this.
Transmitting your information
Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet is not completely secure and whilst we do our best to try to protect the security of your information we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred. We will keep your information only for as long as we need it to provide you with the services or information you have required, to administer your relationship with us, to comply with the law, or to ensure we do not communicate with people that have asked us not to.
What we will not do with your information
We never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes.
Bridport Cohousing complies with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which came into effect on 25 May 2018. We will update this policy in accordance with government guidance as it becomes available. The Data Protection Act gives you certain rights over your data and how we use it. These include:
- The right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- The right to prevent your data being used for direct marketing
- The right of access to a copy of the information we hold about you (known as a subject access request).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact:
Bridport Cohousing, 10 Vernons Court, Bridport, DT6 3QF or send an email marked for the attention of the Society Secretary to email@example.com.
For more information about your rights under the Data Protection Act and the GDPR go to the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office.