On February 11th 2016 we were granted full planning permission for our project. We are currently looking for new members & putting into place plans for the next stage.
Thirty four homes from 1 bed apartments to 4 bed family homes with a high level of sustainability (code 4 or better)
- Affordable homes for local people with at least 40% of the homes offered in shared ownership or affordable rental arrangements by a housing association
- A common house offering a range of facilities for cohousing residents and the wider locality
- A two acre community allotment using organic and permaculture methods, open to both cohousing and other local residents
We have a purchase option on 4.5 acres of land at the field west of Bridport Community hospital which entitles Bridport Cohousing CLT to buy the land at an agreed price if planning permission is obtained.
Our professional advisors are Charles Couzens of Ecos Maclean Ltd, a sustainable engineering consultancy based in London and Somerset; and Alan Heeks, who founded and co-led the creation of the Threshold Cohousing Centre in North Dorset, the first mixed-tenure cohousing scheme in the UK, in partnership with Synergy Housing.
Our current plans are:
- Expand our membership of households interested in living in the project, in particular people with young children!
- Recruit additional friends and members. Those with relevant skills would be especially welcome!
Find us on Facebook – click on the icon below